Help paying your bill

If you’re worried about paying your bill, you’re not alone. Our Customer Support Team is here for you, with practical options to help ease the pressure.

We’ll work with you to find a solution through flexible payments, payment extensions, and helping you find out if you are eligible for concessions or government grants. Once your support plan is in place, we won’t restrict your water supply or take further debt recovery action.

The sooner you get in touch, the sooner we can help you take control of your water bills – and we’ll keep supporting you for as long as you need.

To chat with us about options, get in touch on 1300 926 666.

Read our Customer Support Policy.

I need a little longer to pay my bill

You can apply for a one-off payment extension of up to two weeks through our online customer portal, myWannonWater.

If you need a little longer to pay, please contact us on 1300 926 666.

We can also temporarily pause your payments where appropriate.

I'd like to pay a smaller amount more often

We can spread out your payments into smaller, more frequent instalments.

Contact us on 1300 926 666 to arrange an instalment plan that suits your needs.

My bill is overdue and I want to catch up

If your residential bill is overdue and you set up a payment plan with us, you may be eligible for a bonus credit. If you make three payments in a row on time, we’ll cover the fourth payment for you.

If you keep making payments, we’ll review your account and see if we can reduce your balance, helping you get back on track more quickly.

Contact us on 1300 926 666 to organise a payment plan.

I'm eligible for a concession

Pensioners and other concession card holders may be eligible for discounted bills.

If you hold an eligible concession card, you may qualify for a 50 per cent discount (up to a yearly limit) on your bills.

Check if you’re eligible otherwise you could be getting a larger bill than necessary. We’ll give you a discount as soon as we’re made aware that you qualify. We can also backdate concessions to reduce any outstanding amounts.

To receive a discount, you’ll need to provide your concession card details. We’ll then check your eligibility with Centrelink, so please ensure your details are up to date with them.

Don’t forget, if you move house, your concession doesn’t automatically follow you to your new address. Please update your details with Centrelink and then re-apply or contact us on 1300 926 666 to make the change.

To qualify for a concession, you must hold one (or more) of these cards:

  • Centrelink Pension Concession Card
  • Centrelink Health Care Card
  • Department of Veterans’ Affairs Pension Concession Card
  • Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Repatriation Health Card for all conditions.

I want to pay my bills through Centrepay

If you receive a Centrelink benefit, you can pay your bills through direct transfers. You can set up regular automatic deductions from your payment via Centrepay

I don't have enough money to pay my bill

Relief grants are available to help low-income customers who are in unexpected hardship. The Victorian Government scheme helps to pay overdue water and energy bills.

An account holder who has one of the following eligible concession cards can apply:

  • Pensioner Concession Card
  • Health Care Card
  • Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card.

If you don’t have one of these cards but your household income is below a certain amount, you may also be able to apply.

To be eligible, you must show that you currently have no way of paying your bill without support.

Your current situation must also match one of the following:

  • You or someone in your house has experienced family violence.
  • You have had a recent drop in income (e.g. your employment circumstances changed).
  • You have had high unexpected costs for essential items.
  • You spend more than 30% of your income on housing costs (e.g. rent or mortgage payments).

Grants of up to $650 are available to renters and home owners, based on how much money you owe when you apply and your situation. You can apply once every two years.

Contact us on 1300 926 666 to request an application for the Utility Relief Grant Scheme. We’ll ask you some key questions before starting your application.

You can then complete the application online or ask us to post you a paper form. We can send a friendly team member to your house to help you fill it out, or you can ask a friend, support worker or financial counsellor for assistance.

More information: Victorian Government Department of Families, Fairness and Housing

I'd like help with all my bills, not just water

Our Customer Support Team can refer you to a local service that provides free and confidential financial counselling.

Their counsellors will talk to you about your needs. They’ll provide detailed information on your rights, and options to help you manage your bills.

You can also call the National Debt Helpline on 1800 007 007 - a not-for-profit service that helps people tackle their debt problems. Their professional financial counsellors offer a free, independent and confidential service.

My water bill is a lot more than I expected

Your quarterly water bill may sometimes be much more than usual due to a leak or unexplained high water reading.

In some cases, we can offer a rebate to cover part of the unexpected cost.

Contact us on 1300 926 666 to discuss your options.

I have a life support machine

People who need to use certain life support machines (including haemodialysis units) can get a concession on their water usage charge. Contact us on 1300 926 666 for more information. 

I'd like a home visit

One of our Customer Support Team members is available to visit you at home in certain circumstances. You may be struggling to complete a form, unable to talk to us on the phone, or you can’t leave your house. 

Contact us on 1300 926 666 to discuss your options.

I want someone to act on my behalf

You can nominate a support person or other representative to act on your behalf.

Contact us on 1300 926 666 and we'll record their details on your account.