All customers issued with a Major Trade Waste Agreement must complete a Trade Waste Management Plan. These plans were developed with the Environment Protection Authority and the Victorian Water Industry Association. They are important tools that can lead to increased production efficiency and cost savings by commiting to actions to:
- Improve quality of flows;
- Decrease volumes where appropriate;
- Utilise trade waste as reuse water where viable and appropriate;
- Provide sufficient information to understand the customers overall manufacturing and waste generation process;
- Understand the potential impact of the trade waste upon the sewerage system; and
- Forecast any changes to the trade waste discharge.